The Art of Medical Communication (PDF Book)
The field of medical humanities is growing rapidly and offers many valuable insights for medical education generally and for enhancing and improving communication specifically. Through practical and thought-provoking examples, this innovative new text demonstrates how engaging with the arts and humanities can benefit the work of doctors and make them better, more effective practitioners with a focus on achieving this through better communication and by stimulating self-reflection.
- Utilises modern and familiar examples, including case studies, to illustrate and explore language and communication skill deployment in a variety of given scenarios
- Reflects the increasing use of online consultation and the associated importance of ensuring effective communication in virtual settings
- Describes several models for reflective practice
- Supported by a selection of eResources to enhance reader experience and understanding; visit www.routledge.com/9781032272726
This new book is written specifically for medical students, junior doctors and medical educators looking to develop or teach communication skills. It will instil and support the background understanding of the role, need and ongoing requirement for humanities engagement in self-development and reflection to enhance and improve the experience of both the practitioner and the patient.
- Publisher: CRC Press; September 4, 2023
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781032272726
- ISBN: 9781000922448