Spinal Instrumentation: Challenges and Solutions, 2nd Edition (EPUB)
By Daniel H. Kim, Alexander R. Vaccaro, Richard Glenn Fessler, Kris E. Radcliff
In the last two decades, spine instrumentation and surgery have undergone many improvements. The second edition benefits from contributions by renowned orthopaedic surgeons and neurosurgeons who helped create and refine the systems described in the book, and devoted their careers to educating next generations of spine surgeons.
Advancements in instrumentation – plates, cages, rods, screws, disc replacements, spacers, and fusion devices – have led to improved outcomes for patients. The spinal device field has grown exponentially, and surgeons are faced with an increasingly diverse choice of instrumentation options. While the first edition categorized available systems, the new edition is focused on helping clinicians avoid complications and quickly recognize and manage complications when they do occur.
- A concise yet comprehensive reference that educates clinicians on the causes, recognition, and avoidance of instrumentation complications
- Organized by anatomical region and condition, the visualization of relevant anatomical landmarks is discussed in context with safe use of spinal instrumentation
- Now four-color, with more than 230 new and original illustrations
- Easy-to-digest text helps translate classroom knowledge into clinical application
This up-to-date book will help orthopaedic surgeons and neurosurgeons learn how to utilize spinal devices more efficaciously and safely. The text is also an excellent reference for radiologists, spine fellows and residents, and physician extenders who are interested in attaining knowledge and experience in spinal instrumentation.
- ASIN : 1604068957
- Publisher : Thieme; 2nd edition (December 14, 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781604068955
- ISBN-13 : 978-1604068955