Pediatric Nutrition, 7th Edition
Ronald E. Kleinman MD FAAP, Frank R. Greer MD FAAP
Significantly revised and updated by the American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Nutrition with contributions from more than 100 authors, the new seventh edition provides practicing clinicians with evidence-based guidance on the full spectrum of childhood nutrition issues.
The new seventh edition provides the latest information about nutrient metabolism and nutrition to support the normal development and health of infants and children who are well, those born with congenital anomalies or disorders of metabolism, and those with acute and chronic illness.
New in the 7th edition:
– The latest evidence-based guidelines from the AAP on feeding healthy infants and children
– Current policies and practice recommendations from the AAP Committee on Nutrition
– Several new chapters and appendices have been added, including chapters on school and day care nutrition; gene and nutrient interaction; and metabolic programming.
– Recent advances and developments on topics that arise frequently in pediatric practice: breastfeeding, fast foods, vegetarian diets, persistent newborn diarrhea, preterm infant nutrition needs, chronic obesity, vitamin supplementation, and more
– Appendices of more than 50 tables including dietary allowances, energy requirements, composition of human milk and infant formulas, MyPlate, and more
– More than 20 growth charts for very low and low birth weights; full-term infants, children, and adolescents; down syndrome; and more
– Updates listings of resources for you and your patients, including printed materials, government agencies, and Web sites
- Paperback: 1477 pages
- Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics; Seventh Edition, New Edition edition (October 25, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1581108168
- ISBN-13: 978-1581108163