Osteocom Orofacial Pain Beyond Teeth, from Diagnosis to Treatment – Daniele Manfredini, Steven Bender
Join Prof. Dr. Daniele Manfredini and an esteemed panel of 11 other speakers in the Orofacial Pain Academy, a comprehensive video course that brings together the world’s leading experts in managing orofacial pain, Temporomandibular Disorders (TMDs), and bruxism. This course addresses the ever-evolving challenges faced by dental professionals, offering a thorough exploration of diagnosis and treatment strategies for orofacial pain conditions.
Thematic Modules of the Course:
- Module 1: Orofacial Pain Led by esteemed Past-Presidents of the American Academy of Orofacial Pain, this module delves into the most common non-dental causes of facial pain. Participants will gain insights into neuropathies of the trigeminal system, primary headaches, and the Burning Mouth Syndrome.
- Module 2: Temporomandibular Disorders (TMDs) Dedicated to TMDs, this module covers essential diagnostic considerations and the best management strategies for both articular and muscular disorders associated with TMDs.
- Module 3: Sleep Dentistry Focused on sleep medicine, this module highlights the crucial role of dentists in diagnosing sleep disorders of dental interest, emphasizing the intersection between dental health and sleep conditions.
- Module 4: Bruxism The final module provides clinicians with a comprehensive overview of sleep bruxism and awake bruxism, exploring the relationship between Sleep Bruxism and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Additionally, participants will be introduced to the innovative Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) technique.
Learning Objectives of the Course: Through Orofacial Pain Academy, participants will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Understand the various causes and management of orofacial pain, TMDs, and bruxism.
- Identify and diagnose non-dental causes of facial pain, including neuropathies, primary headaches, and Burning Mouth Syndrome.
- Acquire knowledge on diagnostic considerations and effective management strategies for Temporomandibular Disorders.
- Gain insights into the role of dentists in sleep medicine and their contribution to diagnosing sleep disorders.
- Explore the complexities of sleep bruxism and awake bruxism, including their relationship with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and learn about the Ecological Momentary Assessment technique.
The Orofacial Pain Academy offers dental professionals a unique opportunity to learn from the world’s leading experts in orofacial pain management. Through the course’s four thematic modules, participants will receive a comprehensive overview of diagnosis and treatment strategies for orofacial pain, TMDs, and bruxism, empowering them to enhance patient care and address the complexities of these conditions with confidence.
Dentistry and temporomandibular disorders: from gnathology to pain practice
Treatment algorithms in orofacial pain
Triaging the orofacial pain patient
Temporomandibular disorders today
Temporomandibular disorders: clinical cases