Journal of Hospital Infection: Volume 131 to Volume 140
Overview: Journal of Hospital Infection
The Journal of Hospital Infection represents the editorial freedom and academic essence of the Healthcare Infection Society. Its central objective is the dissemination of pivotal research and knowledge pertaining to infection prevention and control, catering to a diverse and international readership.
Aims and Scope:
- International Relevance: The Journal’s mission is to spotlight and share high-caliber research and data related to infection prevention and control, ensuring that the content is relevant and accessible to a global audience.
- Broad Areas of Interest: The Journal is receptive to a wide array of submissions revolving around infection prevention and control within healthcare frameworks. It particularly welcomes contributions that:
- Illuminate new facets of epidemiology, surveillance, and measures to prevent and control infections and antimicrobial resistance within healthcare domains.
- Offer fresh perspectives on cleaning protocols, disinfection methods, and decontamination processes.
- Enhance understanding of the structural design of healthcare facilities.
- Chronicle and analyze unique outbreaks of infection.
- Explore innovative strategies for successful antimicrobial stewardship.
- Introduce pioneering techniques, both within laboratories and at the point of care, for the identification of infections or antimicrobial resistance in healthcare contexts, especially when they bolster infection prevention and control measures.
- Probe into the psychology underpinning safe healthcare practices, or elucidate strategies for instituting behavioral and cultural metamorphosis.
- Deepen comprehension of the role and potential of IT infrastructures in infection surveillance and in the broader spectrum of prevention and control.
- National Guidelines and Policies: While the journal is geared toward a global audience, it is keen on submissions that delve into national guidelines or policies, especially if the content has resonant international implications.
- Inclusivity in Content: The primary audience of the Journal is clinical in nature. However, it maintains an inclusive stance, welcoming foundational scientific content that boasts clinical applicability.
- Companion Journal: The Journal proudly introduces its open-access sister publication, Infection Prevention in Practice. This complementary journal invites a myriad of submissions, aiming to offer actionable insights to healthcare professionals entrenched in infection prevention and control.
The Journal of Hospital Infection stands as a vanguard in the realm of infection prevention and control. By blending rigorous research with practical insights, it serves as an indispensable resource for professionals, researchers, and policymakers globally, striving for excellence in healthcare.