Journal of Hospital Infection: Volume 119 to Volume 130
Journal of Hospital Infection: An Overview
The Journal of Hospital Infection stands as a prominent scientific publication under the auspices of the Healthcare Infection Society, maintaining its editorial independence. The primary mission of this Journal is to circulate top-tier research and insights associated with infection prevention and control, catering to a global readership.
Scope and Objectives:
- Broad Domain: The Journal extends a warm invitation to submissions encompassing all dimensions of infection prevention and control within healthcare precincts.
- Key Focus Areas: Submissions are especially favored if they:
- Offer novel perspectives on the epidemiology, surveillance, or management of healthcare-associated infections and the growing threat of antimicrobial resistance.
- Illuminate advancements in cleaning, disinfecting, and decontaminating techniques.
- Provide innovative insights into healthcare infrastructure design.
- Chronicle unique outbreak scenarios.
- Illuminate strategies and methods for efficient antimicrobial stewardship.
- Present cutting-edge techniques, be it lab-centric or point-of-care, for detecting infections or antimicrobial resistance, especially those that bolster infection prevention and control.
- Expand on the psychology underpinning safe healthcare practices or detail methods to inculcate behavioral and cultural shifts.
- Enhance comprehension of IT-powered infection tracking and prevention mechanisms.
- National Policies & Guidelines: Articles delving into national policies or guidelines gain special attention, especially if they resonate on an international scale.
- Basic Science & Clinical Nexus: While the Journal’s readers primarily hail from clinical backgrounds, submissions grounded in basic science but with tangible clinical implications are equally treasured.
The Journal’s sibling open access publication, Infection Prevention in Practice, is dedicated to offering actionable insights to professionals engrossed in infection prevention and control, bridging practical know-how with academic rigor.
The Journal of Hospital Infection emerges as a vital conduit for disseminating invaluable research and best practices in the domain of infection prevention and control. Catering to both clinical and basic science communities, it underscores the importance of bridging research with real-world application, making it an indispensable resource for professionals globally.