Journal of Hospital Infection: Volume 107 to Volume 118
Overview: Journal of Hospital Infection
The Journal of Hospital Infection stands as a premier, editorially independent publication under the aegis of the Healthcare Infection Society. The Journal’s primary mission is to disseminate top-tier research and crucial information in the domain of infection prevention and control, tailored to cater to a global audience.
Core Focus Areas:
- Epidemiological Insights: The Journal has a keen interest in works that offer novel perspectives on the epidemiology, surveillance, or mitigation of healthcare-associated infections and the ever-growing challenge of antimicrobial resistance in medical settings.
- Sanitization Protocols: Research shedding light on innovative and effective methodologies for cleaning, disinfection, and decontamination is highly valued.
- Healthcare Infrastructure: The design and architecture of healthcare facilities play a pivotal role in infection control. Submissions highlighting these aspects are encouraged.
- Outbreak Chronicles: Detailed accounts and analyses of unique infection outbreaks offer learning opportunities and preventive insights for healthcare practitioners worldwide.
- Antimicrobial Stewardship: With the looming threat of antimicrobial resistance, strategies, and methodologies for effective antimicrobial stewardship are of paramount importance.
- Innovative Detection Techniques: The Journal welcomes submissions detailing cutting-edge techniques, be it laboratory-based or point-of-care, that aid in the detection of infections or antimicrobial resistance, especially if they bolster infection prevention and control efforts.
- Behavioral Dynamics: Gaining a deeper understanding of the psychological and motivational aspects that drive safe healthcare practices, and strategies to instill behavioral and cultural shifts are areas of significant interest.
- Technological Integration: In the modern age, the integration of IT systems in infection surveillance, prevention, and control is a burgeoning area of research and practice.
The Journal holds a special place for submissions pertaining to national policies or guidelines, with an emphasis on matters that resonate on an international scale. While the primary readership is clinical in nature, the Journal is open to foundational science submissions, provided they bear clinical implications.
The Journal of Hospital Infection has an open-access counterpart titled Infection Prevention in Practice. This publication invites a plethora of submissions, aiming to provide pragmatic information to professionals entrenched in infection prevention and control.
The Journal of Hospital Infection serves as a beacon for professionals across the globe, committed to the prevention and control of infections in healthcare settings. Through its rigorous standards and international relevance, the Journal plays a pivotal role in shaping practices and policies that ensure patient safety and healthcare efficacy.
Volume 107: Pages 1-116 (January 2021)
Volume 108: Pages 1-224 (February 2021)
Volume 109: Pages 1-126 (March 2021)
Volume 110: Pages 1-212 (April 2021)
Volume 111: Pages 1-210 (May 2021)
Volume 112: Pages 1-128 (June 2021)
Volume 113: Pages 1-194 (July 2021)
Volume 114: Pages 1-190 (August 2021)
Volume 115: Pages 1-136 (September 2021)
Volume 116: Pages 1-106 (October 2021)
Volume 117: Pages 1-196 (November 2021)
Guidelines for the prevention and control of meticillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in healthcare facilities
Volume 118, Supplement, Pages S1-S40 (December 2021)
Volume 118: Pages 1-110 (December 2021)