Journal of Hospital Infection: Volume 105 (Issue 1 to Issue 4)
Overview: Journal of Hospital Infection
The Journal of Hospital Infection, a prestigious and editorially autonomous publication, is proudly associated with the Healthcare Infection Society. The publication’s primary objective is to disseminate top-tier research and insights on infection prevention and control, tailored for a global audience.
Scope and Mission:
- Broad Spectrum of Topics: The Journal is committed to exploring a vast range of subjects pertaining to infection prevention and control within healthcare environments. Highlighted areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- In-depth studies on the epidemiology, monitoring, and strategies for preventing healthcare-associated infections and the surge of antimicrobial resistance.
- New understandings in the realms of cleaning, disinfection, and decontamination.
- Insights into the optimal architectural design of healthcare establishments.
- Comprehensive reports on unique infection outbreaks.
- Fresh perspectives on antimicrobial stewardship tactics.
- Novel laboratory or point-of-care techniques for detecting infections or antimicrobial resistance, especially those propelling advancements in infection prevention and control.
- Comprehensive analyses to better grasp the driving forces behind secure healthcare behaviors, as well as methods to foster behavioral and cultural shifts.
- Deep dives into the integration and effectiveness of IT systems in tracking infections and steering prevention and control measures.
- Policy and Guidelines: The Journal possesses a keen interest in submissions related to national policies or guidelines, emphasizing subjects with global significance.
- Diverse Readership: While the core readership encompasses clinical professionals, the Journal also values foundational scientific contributions, provided they bear clinical significance.
- Companion Title: The Journal’s open access counterpart, Infection Prevention in Practice, caters to the practical needs of healthcare professionals in the infection prevention and control domain, offering valuable, hands-on information.
The Journal of Hospital Infection stands as a paragon in the field of infection prevention and control, bringing to the fore cutting-edge research, expert opinions, and transformative insights. For practitioners, researchers, and stakeholders vested in this pivotal domain, the Journal is an essential resource to stay updated, informed, and empowered.