Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance: Volume 32 to Volume 34
Overview: Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR)
The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR) is a premier open access publication, released quarterly, committed to addressing the urgent challenges posed by the proliferation of antibiotic-resistant pathogens on a global scale. Operating under the guidance of a distinguished international Editorial Board, JGAR serves as an epicenter for research, insights, and discussions surrounding the multifaceted issue of antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
Scope and Mission:
- Holistic Approach: Recognizing that antimicrobial resistance knows no boundaries, JGAR extends its focus to encompass professionals across research, healthcare, environmental sciences, and animal infection control. Its overarching goal is to holistically monitor, report, and address the AMR threat on a global scale.
- Diverse Content Offerings: JGAR’s content palette is both rich and varied. From meticulously peer-reviewed research articles to comprehensive reviews, incisive short notes, and discussions on trending topics, the journal ensures that its readership is always at the forefront of knowledge about antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antiparasitic resistance.
- Focused Topics: Key areas of interest within the journal include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding resistance mechanisms and their gene transfer pathways.
- Exploring the molecular epidemiology of resistant pathogens.
- Insights into resistomes and proteomes.
- Evaluating the emergence of drug-resistant viruses.
- Delving into microbiological and clinical stewardship studies.
- Investigating resistance against disinfectants.
- Innovations in antimicrobial resistance detection, testing, and diagnostics.
- Public health implications of viral resistant variants.
- Studying PK/PD parameters and forecasting efficacy.
- Surveying resistant pathogens across various hosts and environments, including in animals and the broader environment.
- Genome Notes: A standout feature of JGAR is its “Genome Notes” section, a dedicated space where researchers can present genomes of resistant prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms, as well as viruses.
- Open to Reviews: Beyond its primary content, JGAR expresses keen interest in Book Reviews, offering insights into significant academic and industry publications.
The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance stands as a beacon in the ongoing global fight against antimicrobial resistance. It amalgamates research, expert opinions, and ground-breaking discoveries, offering a unified platform to understand and combat the myriad challenges posed by AMR. For anyone invested in this crucial area of study, JGAR is an indispensable ally.