Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance: Volume 28 to Volume 31
Overview: Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR)
The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR) stands as a pivotal online, open access quarterly journal, distinctly focused on addressing the escalating global challenge of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms. With its international Editorial Board steering the helm, JGAR is a beacon in the vast realm of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) studies.
Mission and Audience:
JGAR aims to be the singular hub for everyone from researchers to healthcare professionals, environment specialists, and those working in animal infection control. Its principal objective is to closely monitor the global trajectory of resistance threats, offering a cohesive, authoritative voice in the AMR discourse.
Key Features & Focus Areas:
- Comprehensive Coverage: Whether it’s antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, or antiparasitic resistance, JGAR casts a wide net, encompassing the multifaceted aspects of AMR.
- Diverse Content Types: JGAR’s portfolio includes meticulously peer-reviewed research articles, contemporary reviews, concise notes, and discussions on burning topics in the field.
- Core Topics of Exploration:
- Mechanisms underlying resistance and gene transfer.
- Molecular epidemiology of resistant entities.
- Detailed insights into the resistome and proteome.
- Emergence of drug-resistant viruses among various patient populations.
- Stewardship in microbiological and clinical studies.
- Study of resistance against disinfectants.
- Innovations in antimicrobial resistance testing, detection, and diagnostics.
- Exploration of viral resistant variants and their implications for public health.
- Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics parameters and the prediction of drug efficacy.
- Broad-ranging surveillance studies focusing on resistant pathogens from diverse hosts and environments.
- Examination of resistance propagation in both animals and the environment.
- Special Section – Genome Notes: JGAR prides itself on its unique ‘Genome Notes’ segment, where researchers have the opportunity to present genomes of resistant prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms, as well as viruses.
- Book Reviews: Recognizing the importance of literature in the academic sphere, JGAR welcomes insightful reviews on pertinent books in the field.
For those seeking a comprehensive, up-to-date repository on the dynamic world of antimicrobial resistance, the Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance is an invaluable resource. It not only champions the cause of tackling AMR but also serves as a bridge, uniting global experts in a shared mission to combat this pressing healthcare challenge.
Volume 28: Pages 1-294 (March 2022)
Volume 29: Pages 1-564 (June 2022)
Volume 30: Pages 1-490 (September 2022)
Abstracts from the 32nd International Congress of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (ICC)
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
27-30 November 2022 • Perth, Australia
Volume 31, Supplement 1, Pages S1-S50 (December 2022)