Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance: Volume 24 to Volume 27
Overview: The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR)
The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR) stands as a pivotal open access platform published quarterly, offering a panoramic view of the escalating global challenge posed by antibiotic-resistant pathogens. With an international cadre of experts at its helm, the journal is dedicated to chronicling the trajectory of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) that has far-reaching implications for public health.
Scope and Emphasis:
- All-encompassing AMR Perspective: JGAR casts a wide net, engaging professionals from diverse sectors such as research, healthcare, environmental science, and animal infection control, underscoring the multifaceted nature of the resistance conundrum.
- Comprehensive Coverage: With its repository of peer-reviewed articles, reviews, concise notes, and incisive hot topics, JGAR serves as the go-to resource for anyone keen on understanding the facets of antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antiparasitic resistance.
- Key Areas of Interest:
- Delving into the intricacies of resistance mechanisms and gene transfer.
- Mapping the molecular epidemiology of resistant strains.
- Exploring the resistome and proteome landscapes.
- Chronicling the rise of drug-resistant viral strains in both treated and untreated demographics.
- Advocacy for judicious antimicrobial use through microbiological and clinical stewardship.
- Assessing resistance to disinfectants and establishing parameters for antimicrobial resistance detection.
- Gauging the public health impact of viral resistant variants.
- Understanding pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic parameters for predicting drug efficacy.
- Surveillance initiatives focusing on resistant strains isolated from varied hosts and environments.
- Studying resistance propagation in animal and environmental contexts.
- Genome Notes: In its quest to provide holistic insights, JGAR boasts a specialized section, Genome Notes. This niche arena invites researchers to share genomes of resistant prokaryotic and eukaryotic entities, as well as viruses, underscoring the genetic underpinnings of resistance.
- Beyond Research – Book Reviews: Recognizing the value of diverse academic resources, JGAR expresses keen interest in book reviews, offering readers insights into seminal works related to antimicrobial resistance.
The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance is not just a publication but a clarion call, urging the global community to recognize, understand, and address the juggernaut of antimicrobial resistance. Through its rich tapestry of articles and insights, JGAR aims to steer the discourse on AMR towards meaningful solutions and collaborative action. For stakeholders in the realm of infectious diseases and public health, JGAR is an indispensable guide.
Volume 24: Pages A1-A4, 1-448 (March 2021)
Volume 25: Pages 1-398 (June 2021)
Volume 26: Pages 1-346 (September 2021)
Volume 27: Pages 1-354 (December 2021)