Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance: Volume 20 to Volume 23
Overview: Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR)
The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance (JGAR) stands as a pioneering digital platform in the realm of open-access scientific journals, focusing intently on the ever-mounting challenge of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms on a global scale.
Vision and Mission:
- Global Perspective: At its core, JGAR is entrenched in the philosophy of tracking, analyzing, and understanding antimicrobial resistance (AMR) as a universal concern, transcending geographical, socio-economic, and demographic boundaries.
- Interdisciplinary Engagement: JGAR is not just a platform for researchers. It brings together professionals from diverse fields such as health care, environmental sciences, and animal infection control, emphasizing the interconnected nature of the AMR challenge.
Content and Key Features:
- Peer-Reviewed Research: JGAR emphasizes scholarly rigor, with all submitted works undergoing meticulous peer review to ensure accuracy, relevance, and innovation.
- Comprehensive Coverage: The journal encompasses a broad spectrum of AMR topics, from antibacterial and antiviral to antifungal and antiparasitic resistance.
- Specific Focus Areas Include:
- Mechanisms underpinning resistance and associated gene transfer
- Molecular epidemiology connected to resistant entities
- The broader resistome and proteome
- Emergence of drug-resistant viruses
- Microbiological studies and clinical stewardship
- Resistance dynamics against disinfectants
- Diagnostic techniques and resistance detection
- Public health implications of viral resistant variants
- Predictive modeling using PK/PD parameters
- Surveillance research of resistant pathogens across various hosts and environments
- Impact and dynamics of resistance in the animal kingdom and wider environment
- Genome Notes: A distinctive segment within JGAR, “Genome Notes” offers researchers an avenue to unveil genomes of resistant prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms, as well as viruses.
- Literary Exploration: Recognizing the broader scholarly ecosystem, JGAR welcomes book reviews, fostering a comprehensive understanding of AMR beyond research articles.
The Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance is more than just a publication; it’s a movement. It endeavors to be the global beacon for understanding, combatting, and eventually overcoming the multifaceted challenge of antimicrobial resistance. For anyone invested in this mission, JGAR is an essential resource, guide, and collaborator.