International Journal of Medical Microbiology: Volume 311 (Issue 1 to Issue 8)
International Journal of Medical Microbiology (IJMM) Overview
The International Journal of Medical Microbiology (IJMM) serves as a pivotal platform for the exploration and understanding of the complex world of microbial pathogens and the diseases they cause. In an era where pathogen genome sequencing projects are yielding a plethora of data, the IJMM steps in to provide context, ensuring that this wealth of information translates into meaningful insights into pathogenicity and infection outcomes.
- Genome and Proteome Analyses: With numerous pathogen genome sequencing projects underway, IJMM prioritizes analyses of these genomes and proteomes, ensuring that the genetic data is contextualized and understood in terms of disease causation and progression.
- Molecular Mechanisms and Evolution: The journal delves deep into the intricacies of how pathogens evolve and the molecular mechanisms they employ to wreak havoc, offering readers insights that are crucial for therapeutic interventions.
- Cellular Microbiology: Recognizing the crucial interplay between pathogens and host cells, IJMM emphasizes “cellular microbiology”, exploring how pathogens interact with, manipulate, and often subvert host cellular machinery.
- Molecular Epidemiology: The spread and prevalence of pathogens, understood through the lens of molecular markers and genetic data, is another focal area, enabling the tracking and prediction of disease outbreaks.
- Diverse Article Types: To cater to a broad readership, IJMM publishes original articles, case studies, and incisive mini-reviews. The journal’s commitment to rigorous peer review ensures the maintenance of high academic standards.
- Special Issues: To spotlight pressing topics, the journal dedicates two special issues annually to specific themes, bringing together expert opinions and the latest research on those subjects.
- Open Access from 2020: Reinforcing its commitment to disseminating knowledge widely, IJMM transitioned to an open access model from January 2020. This means authors pay an article publishing charge (APC), but their work becomes immediately, permanently, and freely accessible to all. Furthermore, authors have a range of licensing options and retain the copyright to their work.
The International Journal of Medical Microbiology is a cornerstone in the realm of microbial pathogenesis research. By providing a platform that seamlessly integrates genomic data with insights into disease mechanisms and progression, IJMM is shaping our understanding of infections and how to combat them. For researchers, clinicians, and epidemiologists, the journal stands as an indispensable resource, rich in cutting-edge findings and expert analyses.