Infection, Disease & Health: Volume 26 (Issue 1 to Issue 4)
The Infection, Disease & Health journal is the esteemed official publication of the Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC). Situated at the forefront of global platforms, this journal diligently curates and disseminates seminal knowledge that revolutionizes the domains of infection prevention and control within human populations.
- Setting-Specific Research: The journal prioritizes research specifically tailored to healthcare establishments—ranging from hospitals and residential care to educational settings and beyond.
- Comprehensive Coverage: The broad scope encapsulates surveillance, epidemiology, cost-effectiveness of preventive measures, sociological dimensions of infection prevention, and the outcomes and risk factors associated with infections in diverse settings.
- Advancement of Knowledge: Every submission is held to a stringent criterion of contributing novel insights or fostering meaningful discourse on pertinent topics.
Published quarterly, the journal’s content spectrum includes:
- Original Research: Fundamental explorations that propel the domains of infection prevention and control.
- Reviews & Concise Communications: Comprehensive overviews and succinct communications on relevant issues.
- Case Reports & Commentary: Detailed case studies emphasizing infection prevention and diverse commentaries on topical issues.
- Opinion Pieces: Thought-provoking articles that stimulate debate and discussions in the field.
It’s pivotal to note the topics deemed out of the journal’s purview:
- Treatment and management of infections.
- Case studies lacking a prime focus on infection prevention.
- Evaluations of vaccine efficacy.
- Surveillance of infections unrelated to the earlier mentioned settings.
- Non-focused reviews.
- General articles on vaccination unless they spotlight healthcare settings.
- Antimicrobial stewardship unless directly related to healthcare or aged care settings.
One Health Context:
Infection, Disease & Health champions the “One Health” approach, acknowledging the intrinsic link between human health, animal health, and the environment. By doing so, it offers an integrative perspective on health and disease, making it an invaluable resource for a vast audience including clinicians, nurses, researchers, health workers, and policy-makers.
While the journal provides a general framework, the ultimate decisions regarding the relevance and fit of submissions are at the discretion of the Editor-in-Chief.
In summary, Infection, Disease & Health stands as a beacon for those vested in the realms of infection prevention and control, offering a holistic perspective that blends the intricacies of infection, disease, and health. Through rigorous peer-review and a dedication to quality, it ensures that the knowledge shared is not only groundbreaking but also resonates with the larger aspirations of public health and safety.
Abstracts from the 9th International Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC) online conference (7-10 November 2021)
Volume 26, Supplement 1, Pages S1-S12 (November 2021)
Volume 26, Issue 1: Pages 1-84 (February 2021)
Volume 26, Issue 2: Pages 85-160 (May 2021)
Volume 26, Issue 3: Pages 161-234 (August 2021)
Volume 26, Issue 4: Pages 235-292 (November 2021)