Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology: Volume 40 to Volume 45
The Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology (IJMM) stands as a pivotal source, offering a comprehensive overview of medical microbiology and infectious diseases, focusing on a plethora of contributions ranging from basic laboratory research to clinical trials, encompassing bacteriology, mycobacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, infection prevention, control, and various infectious diseases.
Core Focus Areas:
- Antimicrobial Susceptibility and Stewardship: Investigates surveillance of antimicrobial susceptibility in diverse organisms pertinent to humans, animals, and the environment, focusing on mechanisms of action, resistance, interactions, and the role and efficacy of antimicrobial stewardship programs.
- Clinical Microbiology: Delves into understanding the pathogenesis, virulence factors, clinical presentation, newer diagnostic methods, and therapeutic options of diseases caused by diverse infectious agents.
- Emerging Infectious Diseases: Explores the epidemiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment of newly emerging or resurging infections including zoonoses.
- Medical Mycology and Mycobacteriology: Examines pathogenesis, diagnosis, drug susceptibility, therapy, immunology, vaccine development, epidemiology, public health, and outbreak investigation of mycobacterial and mycological diseases.
- Hospital Infection: Analyzes various hospital-associated infections, their control, prevention, and innovative methodologies to track them.
- Molecular Studies: Focuses on the application of various molecular techniques in studying virulence, AMR genes, epidemiology, outbreak investigations, and public health.
- Microbiome and Microbial Ecology in Health: Investigates the normal microbiome and dysbiosis, the structure of microbial ecosystems and communities, and their impact on health and disease treatment.
- Immunology: Concentrates on basic research in immunity and host cell responses to infections.
- Vaccinology and Therapeutics: Aims at identifying vaccine targets, novel drug discovery, and therapeutic research.
IJMM is inclusive in its approach to article types, publishing original research, review articles, systematic reviews, meta-analysis, clinical trials, correspondence, case reports, and a new section dedicated to infectious disease grand rounds.
While the core focus remains on medical microbiology and infectious diseases, IJMM also entertains high-quality scientific content related to infections from dental and veterinary sciences, enhancing the knowledge on zoonotic illnesses and offering a wider perspective.
Impact and Audience:
IJMM aims to be an essential resource for researchers, clinicians, microbiologists, and medical professionals, providing insight, knowledge, and advancements in medical microbiology, infectious diseases, and related fields. By publishing high-quality and diversified content, it contributes significantly to the understanding and management of infectious diseases, ultimately benefiting public health and clinical outcomes in the region.
In conclusion, the Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology serves as a comprehensive platform for diverse and impactful research in the field of medical microbiology, aiming to augment knowledge, instigate discussion, and facilitate developments in understanding and managing infectious diseases.
Volume 41: Pages 1-116 (January–February 2023)
Volume 42: Pages 1-112 (March–April 2023)
Volume 43: Pages 1-100 (May–June 2023)
Volume 44: July–August 2023
Volume 45: September–October 2023