IJID Regions: Volume 6 to Volume 8
IJID Regions is a noteworthy journal, acting as the official publication of the International Society for Infectious Diseases (ISID). The journal’s mission is to disseminate high-quality, evidence-based science related to infectious diseases with a particular focus on regional interest and relevance.
Focus and Scope:
- Regional Emphasis: IJID Regions prioritizes research that holds regional relevance, especially in under-resourced countries and settings, accentuating the visibility of national and regional research.
- Broad Spectrum of Infectious Diseases: The journal delves into various aspects of clinical infectious diseases, clinical epidemiology, and public health, ensuring a comprehensive approach to infectious diseases prevalent in specific regions.
- Diverse Research Types: IJID Regions publishes a myriad of research including original clinical and laboratory-based research, reports of clinical trials, and insightful reviews dealing with the diagnosis, treatment, control, and epidemiology of infectious diseases.
- Collaborative Approach: The journal encourages authors to foster collaborations between institutions to ensure robust sample sizes and conclusive findings.
- Preference for Prospective Studies: While the journal is open to various types of studies, there is a preference for prospective, randomized controlled trials over retrospective, descriptive studies.
Audience and Impact:
IJID Regions aims to serve a diverse audience encompassing health clinicians, scientists, health system professionals, and public health policymakers at national and regional levels. It strives to be a pivotal resource, providing research that can significantly influence practices, policies, and advancements in managing infectious diseases.
Commitment to Quality:
IJID Regions is unwavering in its commitment to publishing only high-quality, evidence-based research. It seeks to be a platform where infectious disease science of regional importance can be highlighted, with the ultimate goal of facilitating improved healthcare outcomes in both developed and under-resourced settings.
IJID Regions is a crucial platform for the presentation and discussion of infectious disease science with a regional focus. Its commitment to quality and regional relevance makes it a valuable resource for clinicians, scientists, and policymakers dealing with infectious diseases, especially in regions where such diseases are prevalent. By fostering a collaborative approach and emphasizing a broad spectrum of infectious diseases, IJID Regions stands as an essential conduit for advancements in understanding, diagnosing, treating, and controlling infectious diseases globally.
Volume 6: Pages 1-184 (March 2023)
Volume 7: Pages 1-286 (June 2023)
Proceedings from the 3rd International Conference on Tropical Medicine & Infectious Diseases, Medan, Indonesia, 3-4 December 2021
Publication of this supplement was made possible with support from the Universitas Sumatera Utara, Medan, Indonesia.
Volume 8, Supplement, Pages S1-S44 (September 2023)
Volume 8: Pages 1-174 (September 2023)