Clinical Calculations: With Applications to General and Specialty Areas, 10th edition (Original PDF from Publisher)
By Joyce LeFever Kee MS RN, Sally M. Marshall RN MSN, Mary Catherine Forrester RN MSN ACNP-BC, Kathryn Woods RN BSN DNP-C
Learn the most common methods of drug calculation, and use the one that is right for you! Clinical Calculations: With Applications to General and Specialty Areas, 10th Edition helps you learn to calculate drug dosages accurately. It covers the four major drug calculation methods ― basic formula, ratio and proportion, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis ― plus body weight and body surface area. It also includes practice problems not only for general care but also for specialty areas such as pediatrics and critical care. Written by a team of experts, this market-leading text shows how drug calculation and drug administration are related and emphasizes patient safety above all else.
- Coverage of four major drug calculation methods includes basic formula, ratio and proportion, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis, plus body weight and body surface area, enabling you to learn and apply the method that works best for you.
- Information on drugs, drug administration techniques, and devices helps you master the most up-to-date techniques of drug administration, including oral, intravenous, intra-muscular, subcutaneous, and other routes.
- Calculations for Specialty Areas section addresses the drug calculations needed to practice in pediatric, labor and delivery, critical care, and community settings.
- Detailed, full-color photos and illustrations show current equipment for IV therapy, the latest types of pumps, and the newest syringes.
- Practice problems are included for specialty units ― pediatrics, critical care, pediatric critical care, labor and delivery, and community ― in addition to general patient areas.
- Comprehensive post-test allows you to test your knowledge of key concepts from the text.
- Information on pumps covers insulin and enteral infusion pumps, plus intravenous infusion pumps such as single and multi-channel, PCA, ands syringe, explaining their use in drug administration.
- Caution boxes provide alerts to problems or issues related to various drugs and their administration.
- NEW! Next-Generation NCLEX® examination-style and NGN Prep questions introduce the new elements from the updated NCLEX exam, assessing critical thinking, clinical judgment, and decision-making based on actual clinical situations.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 10th edition (April 7, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 464 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323809839
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323809832
File Size : 43.5 MB